Adventures in Uruguay and Abroad, Making Money Overseas and Great Photography.
David Hammond moved from Port Townsend, Washington to Uruguay in 2006. Now he is semi-retired and writes about his various travels. First living in Punta del Este, one of the most expensive places to live in the world and now living in Montevideo, capital city of Uruguay.
*Note: If you would like to listen to this interview later, scroll down to the bottom of this article to download this podcast.
Some questions asked and answered
- What brought you to Uruguay?
- How long have you been living in Uruguay?
- What part of Uruguay do you live in?
- Where did you live before coming to Uruguay? What do you miss about living in Washington?
- What do you like best about Uruguay?
- What do you most dislike about Uruguay?
- Uruguay for the most part is an expensive place to live. Financially how have you survived here?
- If someone was coming to Uruguay, what would you tell them? What can they do for work in Uruguay? Or does someone need USA income to make it in Uruguay?
- Western busy go-go lifestyle – do you find the pace the same in Uruguay or is it more tranquil?
- How long do you think Uruguay will be able to stay Uruguay before the country starts to look like everyplace else in the world (media and technology)?
- How difficult have you found it do be for foreigners to start a business in Uruguay?